PDA

View Full Version : grandfather

cechcook@msn.com
06-09-2002, 03:06 PM
I have my Grandfather's death certificate it has that he was native American. I remmber my parents say that we have Blockfoot I think it is on his mothers side Her mother's last name was Logan and her father's was Hargett they came from Kentucky and settled in Missouri dose anyone now haw I can find my family history?

Linda
06-09-2002, 07:19 PM
Stick around here and you should be able to find out some things. We've found out some things about the history of the Indian refugees in that locale, plus at least the Logan name is known. A lot of it was posted on another list, let me see if I can post some of that here, or get some of those folks to answer here.

Did you know there were some famous Indian Logans? I've seen some evidence that associates them with the Blackfoot ID.

Linda
06-09-2002, 11:18 PM
Okay, I found a good link on the story of Chief Logan. Let me preface this by saying that there were other Logans in this part of the country who were not Native, and also that there might be Native Logan families not related to Chief Logan. It will take a lot of genealogical work to know to whom your people are connected, but this story is a good one in understanding the events of the times. This is from a site coming out of Harvard,
http://www.hup.harvard.edu/features/waljef/intro.html