PDA

View Full Version : looking for my roots

winslow:)
08-22-2002, 08:39 PM
i'm looking for my roots that problably originated in montana. i have a great great grandmother that married a native american. her name was ann motiska i think that is how you spell the last name. from what i have herd one of my uncle's had recived some info on our background from the flathead college. i've called him up but he does not know where they are or what happened to them. i would realy like to know where i come from. thanks for droping by.

Linda
08-22-2002, 10:30 PM
If you're pretty sure your ancestors were in Montana, then you probably want to check with the "regular" Blackfoot. Their official site is http://www.blackfeetnation.com/ . Good luck.

NuDawn
09-12-2002, 04:01 PM
Hello. This is my first time here. I don't even know if it is true. But I have been told by my father, that my great-grandfather was a blackfoot Indian from Maryland.
I don't know if there were Blackfoot Indians from Maryland. But my father said it is very true. We are darker in skin color bronze and have very high cheek bones and dark eyes. So, I have a feeling we do have some blackfoot Indian in us.
My last name before I was married was Woodward. Has anyone ever heard of Blackfoot Indians from Maryland, USA?
I sure would like to know a if this is true fact. So I can pass it on to my children and grandchildren.
Thanks you all for you time.

NuDawn Terry

------------------
Terry J. Gaburo

Linda
09-12-2002, 10:25 PM
I know about four people now who have Blackfoot family from Maryland. I just found recently that from 1723 to about 1785 there was a Blackfoot Town in Maryland. The border shifted and the town was renamed. It's now known as Dagsbury, DE. Search on that town name and yoú'll see where I got this information.

I just published a post a few weeks ago about the people in my family from Maryland whom I believe were Native.

http://winwinworld.net/SaponiForum/UBB/Forum4/HTML/000139.html

Welcome, please share more of your family's story. There's a lot coming together from sharing our family traditions.