Blog Comments

DNA Land. Upload your raw DNA results from ancestry. I think they accept 23andme, I'm not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by mskimmy
    I sure am glad you answered. We match at least 14 times to William "Billy" Cole/Anderson and his mother Keziah "Cuzzie" Anderson. my family are very dark people. Do you have any clues as to where I might look?
    I took a close look at the posts here - think this thread is what you may be looking for:

cole,collins,anderson,wadkins/watkins,musgrove

Now that i look I notice there are multiple people who list Cole as a surname - sammarroq, BlondeyeLaurie, Aubrey Cole

This is another thread referencing Cole's:

Catawba Indians

This is another one that may apply:

Salyersville Indians

In this thread Linda Carter says something similar to what you are saying: "He mentions the Cole name right off. My ex has that name in his Boydton family -- very Indian looking people. Perhaps this book will be helpful. It does look to be important. I wonder how the author substantiates the claim of Saponi origins."
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcSnelling
    Haven't seen those Anderson/Garrett ancestors in trees of DNA cousins - or Valentine Collins.

SaponiTown has been up for close to twenty years at this point. So not everyone who has posted is necessarily active now. One way to tell if a user has logged on lately is to look at the 'About Me' page in their profile and look at the 'Last Activity Date'.
    I sure am glad you answered. We match at least 14 times to William "Billy" Cole/Anderson and his mother Keziah "Cuzzie" Anderson. my family are very dark people. Do you have any clues as to where I might look?
    I'd say 23andMe and FTDNA are the best bets. 23andMe gives you basic haplogroup info. Wherever you test download the results and upload them to GedMatch.com. Ive found more cousins via GedMatch than I have through any of the DNA sites. I've tested at 23andMe, FTDNA, and Ancestry.
    Haven't seen those Anderson/Garrett ancestors in trees of DNA cousins - or Valentine Collins.

SaponiTown has been up for close to twenty years at this point. So not everyone who has posted is necessarily active now. One way to tell if a user has logged on lately is to look at the 'About Me' page in their profile and look at the 'Last Activity Date'.
    The best thing is to either repost on your original thread or do use the advanced search feature at the top of the website for any additional information. Have you tried any of the free genealogy websites like
    http://www.usgenweb.org/
    http://home.rootsweb.ancestry.com/
    http://www.worldgenweb.org/
    and see if there is any information there.
    Good luck!
    Mousini78
    HELLO!!! I wanted to know if anyone has a John Henry Anderson born Jan. 1846 in Kentucky in their genealogy. Had DNA done and we come back matching Keziah "Cuzzie" Anderson and her son William "Billy" Anderson/Cole like 14 hits also Valentine Collins. John married Margaret Ann Garrett/Ross she went by both. Looking for John and Parents can only find him on 1900 census in Tennessee. So happy there is still people here, I LOVE THIS SITE!!!!!
    Yes, there are still a few of us out here. What is your question?
    Mousini78