All Blog Entries

1. Anyone out there??????

is this site still in use???
    Have messaged several people asking questions and NOTHING????
    HELLO?
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Quakers & Native Americans Conference - Philadelphia

I recently returned from Philadelphia where I attended the Quakers and Native Americans Conference. There were several interesting panel discussions. One in particular was a Seneca panel that included discussion of the Tutelo-Saponi / Siouan people who joined the Seneca. There was also a discussion of families with African and Native American ancestry in Ohio in the early 1800s. Specifically they mentioned the Day and Haithcock families. Two families tied to our Indiana Jones-Smith line. ...
  3. History of the historic Saponi-Catawba Nation. Vol #100 - Richard Haithcock

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vol100.jpg 
Views:	443 
Size:	62.2 KB 
ID:	1014
    Just got my copy of Chief Haithcock's latest book. Have already made some new discoveries. This is the definitely the best of the four Haithcock books I have. It is organized chronologically and has a lot more detail on surname groups than I've seen before. The Falling Rock Catawaba, the Saponi on Col William Eaton's land. The Sizemore claims, Horatio Hale, Carr's Run Catawba, Blackfork and Poke Patch. There is a lot in this volume.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Possible Bass/Basse/Nansemond DNA Connection

My name is Sheila Bass Squier, my father is Irwin Bass Jr. son of Irwin Bass Sr. who was the son of Walter R. Bass. I have found my father to be the 13th generation from Humphrey Basse 1565-1616, Nathaniel 1589-1654, then John Basse 1616-1699. I have found some descrepancies with in this line via several different family tree's as to who has who, but it still comes back to Humphrey. Which shows that

Quote Originally Posted by battyboy12 View Post
    As a matter of fact, yes. I have five matches descended from Richard Basse Sr. HOWEVER,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Rick Haithcock's Historic Saponi - Catawba Nation #100

Quote Originally Posted by MarcSnelling View Post
    Rick Haithcock's latest research compilation is out. Volume #100, Historic Saponi - Catawba Nation, by Redtail Publication. To inquire call Rick at 937 532 4676.
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast