WOODEN, POWER.

from Va to Ky to Ind:
    MORGAN, LAW, BAIN, McKAY, McCARTNEY.

from Pa to Ky to Ind:
    MARSHALL

from NC to Ky to Ind:
    HENDRICKS

from Va:
    FOSTER, GATEWOOD, SPARKS, LEWIS, COLLINS, WILLIS, THORNTON, CHRISTIAN, MITCHELL, COCKERHAM, LAWSON.

from NC (lines orig from southern Va:
    BLANKENSHIP, CHAMBERS, WHITESIDE.
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. DNA Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaminghawk View Post
    Silentwind, welcome home. Gray is a surname which carries native american traits and family stories of being indian around southside Va and northern piedmont NC. Have you explored your Gray genealogy?

I do know for fact that Barbara Gray born 1726 in Bertie SC. married Col. Jacob Blunt of the Tom "King Tom" Blunt family with wife Unknown Tuscarora women
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Johns

Quote Originally Posted by techteach View Post
    Very interesting genealogy fact that I found tonight. It turns out that the William Johns who sold Bear Mountain to the Monacan Nation was my family. His father was my 7th great grandfather.
    When I joined this forum many years ago, I did not know I had lines that are in relevant parts of Virginia. My branch of the family descends from Nancy Johns and were in Bedford County. Surnames include Wright, Talbot, Johns, Davis.

Techteach
    Welcome, I have roots in John ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. census takers and natives

Quote Originally Posted by ginger guy View Post
    I am amazed at how many people do not know , census takers were not permitted to distinguish between natives and free blacks. Census takers were required to list natives as "free men of color" or mulatto. Isn't that correct?
    Biggest problem I had with ancestry was the way census takers would enter popular name as opposed to full birth name. For example I had a John Walker I searched for nearly 1 year. He used his middle name in the census He was listed as Franklin and frank ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Hello All!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Confused View Post
    Hi, I am a new member. I love history and when it came to working on my family history it just seemed to become a passion. I have heard a lot of stories about our Native family being in the mix, but no one has ever been able to tell me where, when or anything about them. I was thinking it was just bull until I found Native on my other side. Then while researching my 7,8 and 9th great grandfathers/grandmothers, I ran into Moses Riddle. I have seen many of the names on my family tree, listed in the
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast