All Blog Entries

1. Possible Bass/Basse/Nansemond DNA Connection

My name is Sheila Bass Squier, my father is Irwin Bass Jr. son of Irwin Bass Sr. who was the son of Walter R. Bass. I have found my father to be the 13th generation from Humphrey Basse 1565-1616, Nathaniel 1589-1654, then John Basse 1616-1699. I have found some descrepancies with in this line via several different family tree's as to who has who, but it still comes back to Humphrey. Which shows that

Quote Originally Posted by battyboy12 View Post
    As a matter of fact, yes. I have five matches descended from Richard Basse Sr. HOWEVER,
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Rick Haithcock's Historic Saponi - Catawba Nation #100

Quote Originally Posted by MarcSnelling View Post
    Rick Haithcock's latest research compilation is out. Volume #100, Historic Saponi - Catawba Nation, by Redtail Publication. To inquire call Rick at 937 532 4676.
  3. Here Are My Peeps - Kay Richardson Oxendine

Quote Originally Posted by MarcSnelling View Post
    Read my 4-year old daughter this book tonight. On the last page she said "They're at the pow-wow like us dada!"

It's great to have someone telling their story to share. Seeing a lot of Richardson connections in our DNA reinforces the connection for me. In the book she writes that her name is Amelia. Which my wife noticed right away as that is the name she picked out if we have a third daughter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	these_are_my_peeps.jpg 
Views:	639 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	988 Here Are My Peeps: The Story of the Richardson and Lynch Families, Of the Haliwa-Saponi Indian Tribe As told thru the eyes of their granddaughter Kay Richardson
    Tags: haliwa, saponi Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. 5th Annual Summer Solstice Pow Wow

Pictures at IndianVoices.net from the 5th Annual Summer Solstice Pow Wow on unceded Algonquin Territory in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. The family loves this pow wow!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logo.jpg 
Views:	612 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	986
  5. Craddock family. Tree

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Hooser View Post
    opp
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnGordon View Post
    I am researching the possible link of Native American connections of the Craddocks of Patrick County, Virginia.

This is what I have so far. Fellow researcher, Michelle Erbeck states that Isham Craddock(patriarch) married a Frances (confirmed). She believes that Frances was a Goins (NA surname). Hand me down story states that Frances was NA, and she married a white man. Her people didn't care for this and formed a party to raid and kill the white man. The story goes on
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast