Seneca Drybread

1910 Reunion Photo

Rate this Entry
Through cousin connections on our Brower line a picture of a 1910 reunion reached me. It came through Paul and Trowbridge cousins. I haven't counted yet how many people are in this picture but it seems to be well over a hundred. It was taken in August in New Castle, Henry County, Indiana. My gg-grandfather Dora MCS Smith and his wife Bessie Mae Gates I was able to identify. The youngest picture I've seen of them. Between us we've been able to identify a handful of people in this picture. Still there are many we don't know. Posting a gallery and potential names in case anyone sees their people.

1910 Reunion Picture - Gallery

The time is significant for the Guion Miller Roll that was being taken. W hen many swore to their Native blood lines. Oral history in many accounts is the last fullblood generation was born in the late 1700s. None would be alive at the time of this picture. These lines migrated just over the Ohio border from Darke and Preble Counties into Wayne and Randolph Counties Indiana. Greensfork the town and Township. By the 1820 or 1830 census. They continued into Delaware and Henry Counties. Where the picture was taken.
Tags: 1910 reunion Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments