Thread: I am descended from the Amonsoquath Tribe !

I am descended from the Amonsoquath Tribe !

I have recently discovered that I am a direct descendant of Cleopatra & Opechancanough of the The Sovereign Amonsoquath Tribe of Cherokee. They are my 10 g grandparents. Their daughter, Princess Nicketti, married a trader named Hughes, my ancestors. I am not sure exactly how my documention will impress the leaders, but, I am going to try ! Most of the family tree is already online; I simply need to add about 5 or so generations to me.
    I had no clue that these People were my ancestors ! So, I am kind of excited to find this documentation!

~Peace
    Wanda
    Wanda Guiding Wolf Nelson

Paternal : Austin, Bates,Beeler, Frederick, Kennedy,Keith, Hughes,Lamb, Pickens, Proctor, Qualls, Rogers, Stares/Steers, Yancey

Maternal: Bragg, Henderson, Hughes, Keith, Lambert, Langston,Prince,Newport, Seay, Scott, Thornton, Vann, Wingo, Wren

Have you researched the Amonsoquath thoroughly? I believe I heard some scandal connected with that name. Be wary.

I got this link, http://www.pagan.com/ConvictedPredat...earWilson.html, there may be others. I saw a first page of results, some of which seemed self-promotion, then on the second page I found the above. There has always been sad tradition of people trying to run scams of various sorts via Indian claims. We all have to be diligent.

I posted that before I investigated; if I'm anything, I suppose it would be the Pamunkey tribe. I had to go shopping , or I would have corrected my post earlier. I was so excited to find the information I had to share it My line is a direct line that descends from Opechancanough , that much I am sure of. The tribe would have to be his, I am sure. Which was the Pamunkey tribe. I should have checked the rest of my information before I posted. I have been trying to find this connection for too many years, so , I was thrilled to discover the lineage.

Paternal : Austin, Bates,Beeler, Frederick, Kennedy,Keith, Hughes,Lamb, Pickens, Proctor, Qualls, Rogers, Stares/Steers, Yancey

Maternal: Bragg, Henderson, Hughes, Keith, Lambert, Langston,Prince,Newport, Seay, Scott, Thornton, Vann, Wingo, Wren

descended from the Amonsoquath Tribe

StariNelson
    How is it going?

Checking in

I apologize for not being here much. We lost my dad April 9th. He had had a long battle with his health, but, he is in a much better place now.
    I discovered that I am a Shawnee, through my mother's line, the Vann's..they are also Cherokee. I have become a member of Chief Don Green's Appalachian Shawnee Tribe.
    I am Head Woman of the Cahokia Band, Bear Clan. The last several months have been really busy, with my dad being sick, and I am currently writing an inspirational novel.

I hope everyone is well.

Glad to see you back, Stari, but sorry to hear about your loss.

Were you saying Cleopatra was Pamunkey? Was she related to Pocohontas?

How are the Shawnee working in?

My 7th great grandmother's was named Ann Vann (1689-1760). She was the daughter of the William Vann & Sarah (the Shawano). Ann married John Jesse Langston. According to the data I got from Cheif Don Spirit Wolf Green , she was Cherokee-Metis. Her brothers married Cherokee, and their descendants became the Cherokee Vann's. Chief Joseph Vann ( Rich Joe) was the great grand nephew of Ann Vann Langston, making him my 3rd cousin, 6 times removed lol. I don't have any parentage on Sarah the Shawano, excepot the fact her heritage has been verified by the Cherokee researcher, David Vann, as well as Chief Don Spirit Wolf Green, author of Shawnee Heritage I & II .

Cleopatra was the 1/2 sister of Pocahontas. Her daughter, Princess Nicketti, married Trader John Rice Rees Hughes. They had 6 children, one of whom was Ann Hughes ( 1665-1760) , my 8th g grandmother. She was 7/16th Shawano-Chalaka-Powhatan-Metis Bear Clan. She married Stephen Pollard. There is a legend about a Queen Ann, of the Pamunkey Tribe... makes me wonder if it was MY Ann lol. She was reputed to be the niece of Pochantas... just like my Ann. I will prolly never know Cleopatra was 3/4th Shawano-Chalaka-Powhatan Water-Corn-Bear Clan.