Thread: Cole, Allen, and Hazelwood

Cole, Allen, and Hazelwood

I am looking for information on Nancy Cole, born in Amelia County, Virginia; March 19, 1783. I know she married John Hazelwood in Lunenburg County, Virginia, I am not really sure when she married him. I also have no information on who her parents were or where they were from. I know she died in Carroll County, MS in May of 1861.

I am also looking for information on Nancy Elizabeth Allen, born March 10, 1808 somewhere in Virginia...county unknown, parents unknown. I know she married William Temple Hazelwood, son of John and Nancy Cole Hazelwood, January 9, 1832 in Campbell County, Virginia. She died in Holmes County, MS February 15, 1888.

It is possible one or both of these women may have been of Indian ancestry. The only evidence I have of such is the word of my grandfather that we have Indian blood in us and a picture of the daughter of Nancy E. Allen and William T. Hazelwood, Hester Ann Hazelwood Roberts...she doesn't appear to be full-bloodied European.

If there are any follow-up questions I will do my best to try and find whatever information that would help. Thank you all in advance.
    Paternal Surnames: Sacco, Balducci, Luzetti, Belogi, Sarlio, Grossi, Pianairelli

Maternal Surnames: Roberts (NC), Hale (GA), Hazelwood (VA), Davis (VA), Furini, Gho, Ferrari, Campassi, King (GA), Fewell (VA), Allen (VA), Cole (VA), Blagrave (VA), Oldfield (NC), Watson (NJ), Simmons (VA), Isler (NC-Swiss)

Ottawa, Canada -unceded Algonquin territory
    Blog Entries
    There is a Hazelwood from that time period mentioned by Sue Janz in this thread:
    Corn surname

GrandMother - Potter, Jones, Smith, Gates, Walburn, Good, Routh, Redfern, Brower, Bechtel, Buck, Wiley, Beeler, Kyger, Heaton, Stainbrook, Ihinger, McColley, Thomas, Franklin, Warden, Hurst, Schule, Mauler, Weller, Snyder
    GrandFather - Drybread, Wheatley, Marshall, Cotton, Kitchen, Passmore, Harrell, Coppock, Pontius, Zeller, Waters, Charlton, Sager, Barbee, Wimberley, Decker, Nay, Hibbs, Tucker, Irwin, Baker, Cone, Llewellyn, Bayley, Miller->Bunch
    DNA - Parrish, Merritt, White

James Eugene Roberts, son of Hester Hazelwood, and his wife Maudie Hale.
    Paternal Surnames: Sacco, Balducci, Luzetti, Belogi, Sarlio, Grossi, Pianairelli

Maternal Surnames: Roberts (NC), Hale (GA), Hazelwood (VA), Davis (VA), Furini, Gho, Ferrari, Campassi, King (GA), Fewell (VA), Allen (VA), Cole (VA), Blagrave (VA), Oldfield (NC), Watson (NJ), Simmons (VA), Isler (NC-Swiss)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcSnelling View Post
    There is a Hazelwood from that time period mentioned by Sue Janz in this thread:
    Corn surname
    Sadly, the Hazelwood mentioned doesn't appear on my family tree. As always, I appreciate any thread with any information on that family.

Still, looking for parents of Nancy Elizabeth Allen and Nancy Cole. Both from Virginia.

Ottawa, Canada -unceded Algonquin territory
    Blog Entries