Thread: Bunch family ties to the Tuscarora Indian Woods

Bunch family ties to the Tuscarora Indian Woods

Been a while since I posted anything here. It took some DNA testing to push me in the right direction. A surprise was that Scott Preston Collins is a DNA match that showed on my GEDmatch list.

The brick wall that the testing helped resolve was with the Moore family of Bertie Co. I traced them to a John Moore but records seemed scarce. DNA testing revealed matches to the Bunch and associated families. Turns out that John Moore married Prudence Holder, granddaughter of Susanna Bunch and her first husband Thomas Holder, which also explained the Collins connection.

These people were considered Saponi that were absorbed by the Tuscarora.

Ottawa, Canada -unceded Algonquin territory
    Tomehawl, would you be willing to share your GedMAtch kit #? I'm M223631.
    GrandMother - Potter, Jones, Smith, Gates, Walburn, Good, Routh, Redfern, Brower, Bechtel, Buck, Wiley, Beeler, Kyger, Heaton, Stainbrook, Ihinger, McColley, Thomas, Franklin, Warden, Hurst, Schule, Mauler, Weller, Snyder
    GrandFather - Drybread, Wheatley, Marshall, Cotton, Kitchen, Passmore, Harrell, Coppock, Pontius, Zeller, Waters, Charlton, Sager, Barbee, Wimberley, Decker, Nay, Hibbs, Tucker, Irwin, Baker, Cone, Llewellyn, Bayley, Miller->Bunch
    DNA - Parrish, Merritt, White